COURSE RECOVERY OR CREDIT ADVANCEMENT
HTA’s virtual Summer School program is open to any Hawai‘i resident student entering grades 9-12. Courses include a combination of live virtual classes and independent work.
Virtual summer school FAQs
HTA’s Virtual Summer School Program is open to any Hawai‘i resident student entering grades 9-12.
- Department of Education (DOE) students
- Public Charter School (PCS) students
- Private school students
- Homeschool students
Families will register for summer school through our internal portal, HonuHub. You can access HonuHub and begin the registration process by clicking the link on this webpage when it is available in early 2024.
All courses are scheduled between 8:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Students will be able to view their class schedules once they register.
If a student is waitlisted, their class time may be subject to change based on current enrollment numbers and whether an additional section needs to be created to accommodate all students.
High school students can take up to 1 credit-worth of course work.
P.E. Life Fitness, Health, Hacks of Life, Intro to Computer Science, Intro to Theatre.
Our virtual summer school is a five-day-a-week program, which includes weekly live virtual classes via Zoom as well as independent student workdays. Please note, this is not a self-paced program. You can expect to spend three to four hours a day on your courses. This is a compact, accelerated program; one day is equal to one week of regular school.
Students are required to log on daily and attendance is taken by your teacher.
Withdrawal requests may be initiated by the parent/guardian to be approved by the Summer School Director.
For withdrawals that occur within the drop period:
- High School Students will receive a “W” on the transcript
- Students will receive the letter grade earned at the end of the session for all withdrawals after the deadline.
• Daily access to a computer with high-speed internet access.
• Word-processing programs and email account.
• Knowledge and ability to use those resources.
• Complete the mandatory online training at the beginning of summer.
For enrolled HTA students, yes. However, we do not provide laptops for students who are not enrolled with us during the regular school year.