- Effort and excellence demonstrated throughout the year by learning coaches and students
- Dedication and commitment of the faculty
- Students competed in county, state and national level competitions in various sports, arts and academic events
- Student attendance rates were our highest in four years
- HTA’s Smarter Balanced Scores beat out the combined scores of all other DOE and Charter Schools at every grade level
- Opening of our Kona Learning Center
- Construction began on our new Oahu Learning Center
- Plans underway to open our new Maui Learning Center in Wailuku
- Entire school community participated in Schoolwide Strategic Planning
- Highest re-enrollment rate in five years
- Waiting lists for SY 16-17 already exist
- HTA’s Blended Learning program was featured in several news articles, publications and education conferences around the country
As the year draws to a close, we encourage all of our students, parent learning coaches and teachers to take time to relax and enjoy the summer with family and friends. For those families and faculty who are moving on to new educational experiences next year, we wish you fond aloha. For those families who will be returning in August, we look forward to greeting you in the new school year. We thank all students and parent learning coaches for your continued support of HTA. We continue to evolve and improve each year and are excited to see what next year will hold. We hope that your family uses the coming weeks to reflect, refresh and recharge in the summer sun.
Have a wonderful summer,
Ms. Fitz and Mr. Zitello
Have a question about HTA? Email your questions to Mr. Zitello email@example.com or Ms. Fitz firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to answer them in the Weekly Why?