- As a Public Charter School, your family must make an active decision to enroll with HTA on an annual basis
- Charter schools are not permitted to “assume” that all currently enrolled students want to return next year
- HTA wants to hire/retain the best possible teachers to work with your students
- Registering during the February window allows HTA to accurately plan for staffing & facilities for SY 16-17
- If families wait to register until late in the spring, HTA will scramble to hire additional teachers
- If you do not complete registration by the Feb. 29th deadline, then your student may be subject to a wait list (as you lose your first priority status).
- If you are not sure if your student will return because you are waiting to hear about acceptance from a private school or another public charter school or your family might move, we suggest that you register with HTA and then withdraw your registration if your family’s plan changes
What Do I Need to Register My Student?
- We listened to your feedback, and have made the process even easier!
- Login to HonuHub and follow the registration guide.
- All you need to do is watch the informational video for SY 16-17 (it will talk about learning center days, face-to-face requirements etc.), update your family information, upload your current proof of internet (you need internet to access the curriculum from home), pay your student supply fee and then sign your returning student acceptance
- The student supply fee covers basic classroom supplies including, but not limited to the following: makers, calculators, whites boards, notebooks, pens, manipulatives, reading packets, lab kits, paper goods and other single use academic supplies. At the K-8th grade level it also assists in subsidizing the supply fee charged to HTA from K12 Inc. At the High School level it assists in subsidizing novels, course packets and other curricular materials.
- As a blended learning school, all students attend learning center classes at least one time per week, if not more, and use these supplies while in attendance.
What If I Have Questions About This Process?
- Please contact Joyce Won at email@example.com
- Throughout the spring HTA will also hold meetings for current 8th grade parents to discuss the High School program
- You can also refer to the January 26, 2016 email sent to all current families. This email takes you through every step of the process
We hope to see all of our current families back for SY 16-17!